Welcome to the JBE Website!
We will soon begin the i-Ready Diagnostic for reading and math with each student. Parents can watch this video to learn more about the i-Ready diagnostic.
Join us for Parent Night Thursday, August 28 with PreK/Kindergarten at 5:00, 1st Grade at 5:45, and 2nd Grade at 6:30. Learn things you'll need to know throughout the year in each classroom/grade, what supports our school has as a Title I school, other school info, and helpful tips!
Meet the Teacher is Friday, August 15 from 1-3 in your child's classroom! You may drop off your child's supplies at this time also if you would like!
· Breakfast is served from 7:25-7:45
· Students may be dropped off at 7:20 when supervision begins
· The first days of school are exciting and also a transition. Please follow the request below though we ask that you transition into dropping your child off in the car loop as soon as possible.
o Pre-K and Kindergarten:
§ May be walked to class in August
§ May be walked to their building in September
§ Must be dropped off in the car loop starting in October
o First and Second Grade:
§ May be walked to class the first1-2 days
§ Must be dropped off in the car rider loop after the first couple of days
· Students must be dropped off by 7:45 to make it to class before 7:50.
· Students are never to be dropped off at the back gate (near the football field entrance). Parents are not permitted to park and enter our campus at this gate either.
· Tardies are marked at 7:50. 3 tardies and/or check-outs convert to an absence.
· Students MAY NOT be checked out after 1:30 each day
· Recommendation: The parent pick up line can be very long the first two weeks of school as more parents pick up their child than normal. It is recommended that if you do not want to wait in a long line, pull up about 2:30 and your wait should be much shorter.
· Afternoon parent pick-up: Parents MUST pick students up in their vehicle in the car line. Parents are not permitted to park and walk up to the gate. Parent pick up cards must be displayed or the parent will have to park and go to the front office to show identification to pick the child up. These rules are for the safety of all.
· A student’s regular afternoon transportation is recorded and changes are only accepted in writing. Transportation changes cannot be made over the phone unless it is an emergency situation and identification of the caller will be required.
· When coming on campus, all visitors must first check in at the front office with state issued identification, which will be scanned by the Raptor system, and a badge will be printed and must be worn at all times. Parents are NOT permitted to go directly to the classroom.
· Teachers are in charge of supervision and instruction of all students beginning at 7:45. Please do not enter the classroom after this time unless volunteering. Conferences may be scheduled outside of instructional time. Teachers may also be contacted by phone (528-3341) or by email.
· Our school has an active website (jbe.levyschools.org) with teacher pages, a Facebook page, and an always up-to-date Google calendar.
· JBE invites all parents to attend our SAC and PTO meetings on the 2nd Tuesday of September, October, November, February, March, and April. We welcome your involvement in our school.
· Field trips are for JBE students only. Parents are NOT permitted to bring other children (younger or older).
· We are a Title I School which makes the Resource Lab in Bronson available to parents for use to get materials to help your child at home.
· A letter will be mailed when your child reaches 6 absences to warn parents of the concern of the child failing all subject areas if the child reaches 9 absences.
· If your child reaches nine absences, he or she will be given failing grades for that nine weeks. Once a child reaches 10 absences, a conference will be scheduled with administration. If attendance does not improve, a court date will be scheduled at the Levy County Courthouse.Please make every effort to schedule appointments on days off and after 2:10. It is important to get a doctor’s note when missing school due to any doctor appointments so that it is excused.
Letters from Kindergarten teachers will be mailed on Monday, August 4. This welcome letter will include the day your child will attend during the first week of school. Kindergarteners only attend one day the first week. See supply list below!
Join us for the Annual Back to School Bash on August 4th from 5:30-7:00 at JBE. Students can find out who their teacher will be, obtain important school information, and get school supply giveaways! More information to come!
First Grade Supply List
2 glue sticks
2 bottles of Elmer’s glue
2 solid color 3 prong folders (1 green and 1 blue)
1 pair of student scissors (preferably fiskars)
1 box yellow #2 pencils (12 or 24 pack)
2 pink pearl erasers
3 boxes crayola 24 count crayons
1 bottle of hand sanitizer
2 solid color spiral notebook (90 pages)
1 container Clorox wipes
1 box of tissue
$8.00 for 1st grade tshirt – this shirt is personalized
for your child’s class
a backpack – no wheels
Girls only – 1 pkg. expo markers (dry erase)-all black
Boys only – 1 box ziplock (snack, quart or gallon)
The clinic requests that you send in a change of
clothes in a plastic bag. These clothes will be
kept in the classroom for emergencies.
Kindergarten Registration for the 2014-15 year will begin after Spring Break and run through the end of the school year! Please plan to register your child within this time (March 31-June 6) so that we can plan appropriately for Kindergarten classes. Your child must be 5 on or before September 1 and will need a birth certificate, social security card, immunization records, and physical that cannot be more than a year old from the start of the upcoming school year. Packets can be picked up and returned during these dates. If your child already attends JBE Pre-K, they will automatically be enrolled so you do not have to do anything unless they need updated immunizations. For more information, contact the school at 352-528-3341.
Tentative Dates for JBE Pre-K registration are April 22, 23, and 24. You will have to schedule an appointment for one of these dates. Appointments can be made by calling the school starting April 1st. Also, in order to schedule an appointment, you will need to have a certificate of eligibility from the Early Learning Coalition. These can be obtained in Chiefland beginning April 1st also. For more information on certificates, contact the ELC Office at 352-490-5855.
Dress code: Shoes must have covered toes and heels, shirts must have straps with a width of at least two fingers (no spaghetti straps or halter tops), shorts and skirts must be finger-tip length, earrings must not be longer than 1/4 inch below the earlobe (For our full dress code, please look under the school info tab)
School hours are 7:50-2:10. Instruction begins at 7:50. No check-outs allowed the last 30 minutes of the day. Transportation changes must be made in writing. For your child's safety, changes by phone will not be accepted.
Anyone entering our campus must go directly to the front office with their identification to receive a visitor's pass
All visitors must sign in at the front office with a photo ID before entering any building or other areas of the campus.
What is bullying, What is cyber bullying, Who is at risk,Prevent bullying, Respond to bullying, and
Get Help Now
Click the website address below to learn more: